Sunday, January 18, 2009

Steampunk Bracelet

I'm going through a new phase with my jewelry making - It's my steampunk phase. For those of you who don't know what it is, steampunk is a fashion trend that has been around for quite some time, but is really hitting mainstream big right now. It is kind of a mix between Victorian and industrial. Think movies like Time Machine and the Golden Compass. The jewelry in this fashion almost always has some sort of watch movements or gears somewhere in it.

Here is the second piece in my steampunk installment. You can find it listed on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19821606 and I also have it on Artfire and 1000Markets.







Time Flies One of a Kind Steampunk Bracelet


"As we grow older, it's amazing how quickly time seems to fly past us. The days pass by so quickly that before we know it, days turn into years.

This gorgeous piece seems to have come right from the past, but will still fit into your modern day wardrobe. This cuff is pretty enough to be worn by a woman, yet masculine enough that it could be worn by a man.

The base of this cuff is copper, which I cut and filed into this shape. Then I heavily oxidized it to give it the dark titanium appearance. I then etched the filigree "wings" into the sides , bringing back out the gorgeous copper color. The center silver plated filigree piece and the antique watch movoment were then soldered into place.

This is a large adjustable cuff. It will fit wrist sizes of 7 inches (6.75mm) and up. The cuff is 1 inch (2.25mm) wide."

No comments: