Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Finished the Polka Dot Purse

I finished it, I finished it!!!!! I think it's the cutest darn purse evAr!!! Of course, I'm biased!! For those of you who might not have been following up, here's the story:

I've been itching to sew lately and I had this adorable polka dot fabric that I knew would make a great purse, but I needed to save some of it for a dress that I promised my daughter. Well, last week I finally got around to measuring my daughter so I would know how much material I had to work with. Then I drew out my design. Then I made the pattern for it (yep, I made the pattern too!! lol!). Finally it's done!!!!!!

I will be listing this purse on Etsy, but I wanted show it here first, as I have a feeling it may move pretty fast once I list it. If anyone is interested in more details, please ask!!!!

The purse is 10 inches (25cm) by 8.5 inches (21.25cm) and the sides are 2.5 inches (6.25c) wide. The strap is 35 inches (87.5cm) long.

It is cotton fabric on the outside and has a black taffeta lining (which features a small back pocket with a snap closure). There is a poster board type lining between the two layers, so the purse stands up on it's own.

Sooooooo, without further ado!!!!! .............................................................




1 comment:

Barb Macy said...

This purse is awesome! Nice job on the lining - a challenging tast sometimes!